Slip & Fall Lawyer in Mount Laurel Township, NJ
Hurt in a Slip, Trip, and Fall? Ask Our Slip & Fall Attorney in Mount Laurel Township, NJ for Help
While no one ever expects to be injured in a slip and fall accident, let alone even fall. Most of us think we are not going to be a victim of a fall. But unfortunately, fall injuries are an all too common cause of emergency department cases. According to the National Floor Safety Institute, over 8 million people visit the emergency department every year as a result of a slip, trip, and fall accident in the United States. Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injury or even wrongful death. Our slip and fall lawyer in Mount Laurel Township, NJ, understands just how catastrophic falls can be for a victim and his or her family, and we are prepared to help you pursue the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.
This includes compensation for:
- Medical bills and future medical expenses or medication costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering, both 1) past pain and suffering, and 2) future pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, relations, protection, guidance, and other familial relations
- Loss of future earnings if unable to work in the same career
- Home or vehicle modifications
- Around the clock nursing care or treatment
- Wrongful death damages, including burial costs/funeral expenses
- Punitive damages in cases of egregious and morally reprehensible conduct, and
- Other damages related to your fall that our slip & fall attorneys in Mount Laurel Township, New Jersey could recover for you.
Common Places for Slip and Fall Accidents to Occur
At Nugent Law, we have experience handling a variety of slip and fall cases in a variety of different locations. Common places that slip and fall accidents occur include the following:
- Parking lots
- Retail stores
- Government buildings
- On a homeowner’s property
- Doctors’ offices, and
- Other premises in the Garden State.
Top Negligent Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
While there are instances in which a slip, trip, and fall accident occurs due to a person’s own fault, oftentimes, fall accidents could be entirely avoided and are due to the negligence of another individual. Common causes include the following:
- Inadequate lighting
- Wet floors that become slippery
- Icy walkways
- Failure to clean up debris on floors and walkways
- Failure to repair leaks
- Unresponsiveness to hazardous conditions even after being warned about it (i.e., spilled product on the floor)
- Dangerous stairwells
- Failure to warn others about a hazard
- Failure to fix hazards in a timely manner
- Excessive use of floor cleaning materials
- Broken tiles or flooring
- Uneven floorings
- Holes in the ground
- Broken stairs
- Broken or missing handrails, and
- Many other common causes.
Proving Fault in a Premises Liability Lawsuit
It is not always easy to prove fault in a slip and fall case, also known as a premises liability case. This is why it is essential to have an experienced slip and fall attorney who can help prove your claim. Your attorney will need to prove the following things in order to prove fault or liability in a premises liability claim:
- There was a dangerous or defective condition on the property
- The property owner or other responsible party (i.e., employee, property manager) knew or should have known about a defect (had notice)
- The property owner failed to remediate or warn foreseeable victims of the defect, and
- The victim was injured due to the defect.
Can I Recover Damages if I Was Partially at Fault?
There are certain circumstances in which an individual may have partially contributed to their own slip and fall accident and the injuries sustained. However, according to NJ law, as long as the victim did not contribute more than half of the responsibility for the accident and injuries sustained, they can often recover some degree of compensation.
In cases like this, it is especially vital to work with an experienced slip and fall attorney who can prove that the property owner or other responsible party still was at partial fault for the injuries you sustained.
Injured in a NJ Fall? We Can Help
In Mount Laurel Township, NJ, at Nugent Law, our slip and fall attorneys have been representing victims and their families in personal injuries accidents through the Garden State. If you or a loved one were injured in a premises liability case, including a slip, trip, and fall, learn how we can help you by dialing (856) 596-9770 or by sending a message through our “contact us” box available here.