Nugent Law: Marlton, NJ, Accident Lawyer
If you are injured in an accident, you may suffer pain, physical disability, psychological trauma and huge medical bills plus loss of earnings, personal property damage and inability to return to work. You may have even lost a loved one due to the carelessness of someone else.
The person or entity that caused you to suffer has a legal obligation to cover your expenses and losses and compensate families grieving the death of their loved one. Yet, too often, the wrongdoer will try to avoid responsibility, and their insurance carrier will help them by blaming the victim or offering a quick, lowball settlement before the injured person realizes the full impact and extent of their damages. In such cases, handling the matter on your own when you are physically hurt, financially threatened and emotionally devastated is a bad idea.
Nugent Law’s team has over 35 years of experience representing victims and their families in a variety of different types of personal injury accidents in Marlton, NJ, including:
- Vehicle accidents involving cars, 18-wheelers, motorcycles, busses, pedestrians and bicycles
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Defective products (a product designed defectively, manufactured improperly, or with inadequate warnings of potential danger)
- Consumer fraud
- Slip and falls or trips and falls
- Construction accidents
- “Dram shop” liability—overserving alcohol to someone who later causes an accident
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries
- Professional liability for negligent lawyers, accountants and others
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Catastrophic injuries, including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injury, severe burns, fractures, connective tissue injuries and wrongful death
- Civil rights violations
- And other types of accidents causing injury, illness or death
Client Care Comes First at Nugent Law
Nugent Law understands that injured people and their families may be facing substantial financial hardships due to an unexpected accident. This is why Nugent Law
- Provides a compassionate environment where you are respected
- Gives FREE consultations and case evaluations to explain what rights you may have under New Jersey law
- Pays the upfront costs and disbursements of litigation, including expert fees, medical record copying bills, and other court expenses, which are only reimbursed if we recover compensation for you
- Takes cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only recover a percentage of what we obtain for you in a settlement, verdict, or other award, and only after we recover it for you
- Provides a no-win, no-fee guarantee, and
- Answers your questions and addresses your concerns at any time, without you having to worry about a timer or clock billing you by the minute like some other types of law firms.
Why Get a Personal Injury Attorney in Marlton, NJ?
Serious injuries call for expert representation by a respected leader in personal injury law. Fighting for his clients in Marlton, NJ, for more than 35 years, Charles H. Nugent, Jr., holds the distinction of being named a personal injury “Super Lawyer,” a title his peers have given him over the past 16 consecutive years. He has consistently received a rating of “Superb,” “10” and “Client’s Choice Award” by lawyer-rating website AVVO.
At Nugent Law, our attorneys and staff will:
- Explain all your rights, advise you on what to do and prepare you for what to expect during every step as your case proceeds;
- Handle all calls and communication from the person who harmed you, insurance carriers, opposing attorneys, witnesses, and others who might not have your best interests in mind;
- Assure all deadlines are met for filing documents and proceeding with a lawsuit;
- Gather official reports, witness statements, accident reconstruction, and other documents;
- Hire leading experts or professionals to help establish liability against a defendant;
- Obtain your medical records and work with treating physicians to build a damages case;
- Aggressively seek to settle your case against an unwilling insurance carrier or defense lawyer, advocating for a fast and fair resolution for you and your family;
- Advise you on whether to accept a settlement offer and negotiate on your behalf;
- Represent you during discovery (fact finding and evidence gathering), depositions (recorded testimony) and trial;
- Pursue all your legal remedies in court when a defendant or the insurance company will not play fair;
- Exercise all your legal rights during discovery, trial, appeals, and other proceedings;
- And all other legal work to assure you will win the recovery you deserve.
What to Do After an Accident in Marlton, NJ
If you are injured, the ultimate outcome of your case will be determined by the actions you take from the start. After you are hurt in any sort of accident, follow these steps to assure the best outcomes:
- Get yourself and others to safety
- Check yourself for injuries
- Call 911 or ask someone else to
- Check on the safety and health of anyone else involved
- Wait for help—don’t leave the area near the accident scene unless it’s dangerous
- Exchange information with any others involved (like other drivers in a crash)
- Document the accident site with cell phone images, video and notes
- Gather names and contact info of any witnesses
- Get a police report
- Notify your insurer and start the claims process
- Seek medical attention for your injuries
- Follow medical advice
- Learn your rights and how to protect them by consulting an experienced personal injury lawyer
What If I am Partly to Blame for the Accident or Injury?
In New Jersey, individuals can receive compensation even if they are partly responsible for their accident. If, for example, your damages add up to $100,000, but you are found to be 10 percent responsible, your claim will be reduced by that 10 percent (that is, you will receive $90,000). Even if you might have contributed to the accident that caused your injury, Nugent Law can assist you in recovering what you are entitled to under the law.
Get “Super Lawyer” Chuck Nugent to Fight for You When You are Injured in Marlton, NJ
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident, you need an expert advocate on your side to protect your rights. Call Nugent Law for your free consultation today at 856-596-9770 or send us a message online. Nugent Law takes personal injury cases on a no recovery-no fee basis. That means no upfront costs to you.